Conferencing w/ Screen ShareNovember 13, 2012
Adding a Mega Menu to WordPressNovember 16, 2012
The First Step in Starting Your eBusiness
If you don’t have a website and would like to build one, the first thing you need is a domain name. So the first step you have to take, is figuring out what Domains are available.
Several tips when looking for domains.
- Most .com URLs with four characters are less are gone.
- The shorter the better. Making Long URLs makes it hard for customers to remember.
- Avoid Hyphens if possible. Hyphens aren’t the best option, but can work if you have good SEO.
- Understand the extensions. a) .com is the most widely used. b) .org is usually for non-profits and organizations. c) .net is for network or service providers. d) .biz is for general business and e) the new .co is for the corporation. Outside of these top five extensions – you are getting into country specific ares.
- Watch your spelling. Sometimes two common words, pushed together can result in foul language.
- When deciding on URL think of search ability and competition. For example, you don’t want to pick something that is so close to another company who has been around for years. This would cause an impossible climb in search rankings – based on relevancy and history.
- You can choose promo ideas, instead of companies. For example – FreeCarWash.com could be used for Michael’s Car Wash.
Get started on your search right now.