A Simple Way to Start PodcastingFebruary 23, 2014
Make Group Video Calls for LessFebruary 26, 2014
Yammer is a collaboration service that is quite amazing and if you are in business, you should at least give it a test run.
It’s great because it is specifically designed for businesses, even though it takes the best features of the mainstream social apps today.
A tutorial for this service can be made by custom order only – please email us and specify the request.
The best part about yammer is that is very cheap. You can get 3 free users on their basic account, and then if you upgrade it is only $3 a month per user. In comparison to other collaboration or management services, this is dime store stuff we are talking about here.
Things I like about Yammer
- It’s internal micro-blogging for you team – short tidbits that stay together
- It’s very mobile – build with the cell phone in mind – update onthe fly to entire team
- File transfer and storing – saves for knowledge base (#7 below)
- Private Sectioning – Grant access to certain members of your team but block other.
- Desktop Widgets – sits on your desktop and keeps you up to date with your team in real time.
- Very easy to use – I had it up and running in 3 minutes.
- Builds a Knowledge base – you can tag, and file topics for review later – so you build knowledge base as you go.
- Profiles and main communication channel looks just like Facebook, so very familiar.
Final conclusion – this is a must have. Won’t replace your CRM or anything, but very flexible and light. Great for smaller groups, enterprise teams, and small business owners.